Wednesday 13 December 2017

LightWave 2018 release for January 1st.

LightWave 2018 has a release date finally. It's basically the version they've revealed in the official blog posts for quite some time now. As I knew for a long time now, this version had been ready for release for ages, the reason why it has been announced now and not before, we'll never know. The man who headed LW's development has stepped down and he's not going to gain by saying why, and in any case it doesn't matter now.

I've largely left LightWave behind, I'll probably download a trial and test it, but I'm not seeing anything in the samples they are showing that really impress me, I have no idea why they never offered me a beta version, I have renders I did with their older versions that look better than the images they are currently showing to promote this version, and I'm not the only one who has done good looking stuff with the old Lightwave. It's ridiculous that Chris Jones never got his hands on a copy of the beta for example.



Anyway it's about to be released, exactly as advertised, it will be a good version, users will enjoy it.

I'll leave you with the only sample image that I consider worthy of putting up to promote the product. This tiger image that's been around for a while now.